Some thought on Tokyo ‘2020’ opening ceremony:
- It was no where near as extravagant as I know the Japanese to be capable of. Not sure if this is by design or they were purposely held back by the you-know-what.
- The highlight for me was the drones in the air and the pictogram montage (so much fun).
- I can’t help but feel a little sad when I see countries represented by a tiny delegation.
- By contrast there is huge pride in those tiny countries and managing to make it there.
- The IOC can go fuck itself. This should have been a celebration of humanity. Rather it will be fine when it could have been spectacular. They could have and should have postponed it another year.